-
Re: Great season Devils
I don't think anyone has said PV wasn't better. The way I see it our between the tackles running just can't hang with the wide open spread. Don't let your hatred of GC confuse between people telling the truth and excuses. The truth is your athletes and gameplan were better. And truth is that Gate City's play calling has always been conservative. Some years you just have athletes better suited to carrying it out. You have to give Robbins credit, he didn't install the spread for no reason. He knew what he had or was going to have. Good coaching job.
To the Devils, great season. Get in the weight room and get ready for next year. For the basketball players, get ready for an exciting year of Gate City basketball!!
-
Re: Great season Devils
PV scored so much because they threw the deep ball like I said they needed too. Period plain and simple. When they are doing that, they are real, real hard to beat. Mitchell to Lawson, you have 2 more years of that coming LPD.
I will say this, GC Anderson may have gotten burnt a few times today, but its only gonna pay off he will make it tougher on the long ball.
-
Re: Great season Devils
Was GC not able to pressure Powell Valley? In the Clintwood game, PV couldn't throw the ball deep because Mitchell didn't have time.
In my opinion, Coach Colobro is taking a lot of heat over nothing. Parks went for nearly 1600 yards, and GC is not nearly as conservative as many would think. Do you know how many formations they ran against Clintwood? GC may have tightened up today, I wasn't their, but I guess the ole' coach is going to catch some heat after winning the district and getting kicked around in the opening round of the playoffs.
I know GC is talking about how tough they will be next year, but they are losing some key seniors. You never know who will/won't develop. Kids can surprise you sometimes.
-
Re: Great season Devils
88 is what 6'5, how about toss it up.
Appalachia's passing offense majes Gate Citys look bad, thats got to tell you something (The Dawgs dont pass alot for those who do not know)
-
Re: Great season Devils
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I know GC is talking about how tough they will be next year
[/ QUOTE ]
Please show where "GC" has made that comment. You refer to "GC" as if it's an individual. People could lump all of Clintwood together as an individual as well and pick out their "finest" poster on the board, take his/her comments and say "Clintwood said this/that" and make that same comment. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
I believe we do have a bunch of good youth coming up, but I'm not going to proclaim them the LPD champ for next year or for the next 4-5 years as some have done on the forum in recent past and present. There's eight teams in the district that will be competing for the same goal year in and year out, lots of football to be played over the course of time. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
-
Re: Great season Devils
Easy Observer77, no need to get angry. Whether you want to admit it or not, you may still be a little red from that 41-13 game today. I'm not bad mouthing GC, just saying I have heard that GC will be tough the next few years. I have also heard that PV and Clintwood will be tough the next few years. All speculation at this point
-
Re: Great season Devils
Actually, all I've heard is how its all PV the next year or 2, so I'll have to side with GC on this.
-
Re: Great season Devils
We'll back it up unlike some.
-
Re: Great season Devils
pvfan, you won't back down from anybody. I love how you will stand toe-to-toe with GC on here, not giving an inch. I'm obviously not a PV fan, but I'm glad you have something to brag about after today. You would be catching it right now if the score was the other way!
-
Re: Great season Devils
Well in the first 20 seconds I looked
Viking_69_
journeyman
Reged: 09/30/05
Posts: 86
Loc: WISE, VIRGINIA
Re: GC/PV Predictions [re: PHDintheLPD]
11/17/05 10:08 AM (208.19.254.22) Edit Reply
yeah i agree.. the only time they have a chanse at beating PV is this saturday because PV only has 6 senior and 3, 4 start.....PV is going to beat G-C for the next three years straight......infact i thikn noone will beat PV next year......and the year after that.......prove me if im wrong!
-The Untouchable-
--69--
And since not every comment that says that is on the board, I figure thats at least backing it up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]